Run social media accounts for Artway. Website development and maintenance. Email marketing/newsletters to customers. Business development for wholesale, Amazon, eBay and other marketplaces. General sales support & administration.
£20,000 - £23,000 pa
Artway is a fast growing company that supplies own brand and other brand art materials into schools, colleges and universities. We do this on a wholesale basis directly to Departments and also in the form of kits for new starters on art and design based courses. We sell on a wholesale basis to shops, people running art classes and art groups as well as selling our products to individuals through our website, via eBay and through Amazon. The majority of our sales come from the UK but we have just started working on expanding into Europe as we see this as an area with huge potential for Artway.
Having started with a range of Artway sketchbooks, we have now increased our range to include leather journals, presentation portfolios, carry cases, cartridge paper, paint brushes and many others. These products are developed from our background in art & design (i.e. using them!) and also from our experience of selling art materials for many years. As well as concentrating on providing quality art materials at the right price, we also try to make our products a little different in design from the others available and this has been a key part of our success.
We are now looking to recruit a highly motivated individual that can help us to continue to grow at a fast (but sustainable!) pace. Initially the role will concentrate on the following areas:
- First point of contact for general telephone and email enquiries
- Quoting and transacting sales
- Run social media accounts - regular updates and campaigns
- Newsletter/email campaigns to customers
- Creative input into the development of new products to be added to the Artway
- Adding new products to website including photographing the products and adding
- Promotion of new products
- Website maintenance / development - improve the design/look of the website
including new banners, improved product photos & details etc
- Continue development of our wholesale accounts for both education and retail
- Development of marketplace channels - Amazon, eBay and others
From this starting point there is a real opportunity for you to shape your role within the business and for you to impact company growth and that of your own contribution.
Given the nature of the role and company then our ideal candidate requirements are as follows:
- Art & Design background
- Very computer literate - Microsoft, Photoshop and ideally desktop publishing
- Strong on social media - particularly Instagram, Twitter & Facebook
- Very organised
- Highly motivated and self-sufficient
- Able to work as part of a small team
The working week will generally be Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm although there may be the odd weekend required during our extremely busy student kit period.
Please email us your CV along with a covering letter as to why you think you would be the ideal candidate for this position.